Monday, May 12, 2008

Tipping the Scales

I love it when the lens of my day spontaneously focuses upon evidences of Love having Its way in the world (no surprise, right?) I realize one need not ever look very far to find them; they are ever-present. Still, I want to share a few bits of evidence that crossed my path recently. These stood out for how they inspired me--so much so that I'm thinking I'll devote at least one entry a month here to highlighting such evidence in the world. So often it's the "bad" news that makes the headlines. May this focus help to balance that.

(1) Eric Myers wrote me to share his creation of a free service to and community for those suffering from the loss of a loved one. What My Loving Tribute offers seemed to me to be something new, a wonderful supplement or alternative to traditional grief groups and the like. He says:

"Grief is an issue that affects all of us at some point in our life (sic). It challenges us at our very core...and we feel tremendously alone. My Loving Tribute...is on Online Support Community where people grieving a loss can connect with others who are going through a similar experience."


What a beautiful way to keep Love in motion.

(2) I learned from a friend about the Yann Arthus-Bertrand project he calls "6 billion Others." "Thought of you when I stumbled upon this..." was the subject line of her email. I was curious, so I clicked on the link immediately. I was moved to tears by what I found there.

Go, have a look--if only to be reminded that each of us has a story, a heart and soul, a life worthy of dignity. Go and listen, if only to be reminded that no matter how different we appear on the surface, we are more similar than we might think. Go to have a visit, from the comfort of your home or office or library or café chair, with others in our extended human family. It's gorgeous, it's brilliant, it's inspiring--its heart beats with the pulse of Love, or so it seems to me.


(3) My final mention for this week is the "No Love Lost" project that guitarist, producer, singer-songwriter
Kate Schutt has undertaken. You'll find this invitation on her artistShare page:

...join Kate in the process of creating a new series of songs based on love stories submitted by you, her fans. These stories can be about any kind of love: love of a city or street, love for a character in a book, love of a season, unrequited love, false or true love.

...All participants, whether choosing to submit a story or not, can be part of the “Spread the Love”
team.

How cool - and creative! - is that?!

And speaking of spreading the Love, you are invited as always to share your stories right here on Love's Freeway. Tell us how Love has had Its way with you this week, this month, this year.

Let's keep tipping the scales in Love's favor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ayo said...

I just got No Love Lost and The Telephone Game. I love both of them. I agree that Kate Schutt's project is very interactive. I'm looking forward to her next project.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home