Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One Love, One Heart

With thanks to my neighbor Craig for passing it along, I give you this Stand By Me video, a work of art and excellence produced by the folks at Playing for Change. Take five to treat your eyes, your ears, your heart to this most magnificent manifestation of the One Love we are in our worldwide community, our human family. What a gorgeous reminder it is of how universal is the language of music--dance too, for that matter!

If you haven't heard of the Playing for Change project, check it out. In their words, they are:
...a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music.
When I looked around at what they've been up to, I found several music videos they have produced. But it is the one I share with you today that I found far and away the most affecting: I'm moved to tears each time I see it.

What makes it so? Why is it this video alone that touches me so? When I watch the others, I see musicians from around the world playing and singing the same one song, seemingly at the same time. When I watch the Stand By Me video, I experience the one Life that we are: various particles of one whole, each moving in concert with the other. For me it depicts what is actual versus what is possible: the harmony that IS, the unity that IS, the Love that IS, the peace that already IS.

Love hugs, kudos, and thanks to all involved in creating and giving the gift to us that is this sparkling depiction of Life at its best.

Here's to the One Life, One Love, One Heart that we are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Kathryn,

I love this blog! Thank you for putting this wonderful positive message out into the world. It is inspiring!

Melissa

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Deputat said...

It's so good to hear this, thank you, Melissa! I'm glad for your company on the Freeway :)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home